We are located in the seaside suburb of Takapuna Beach on Auckland's North Shore at 9-17 Byron Ave.
Only 8km from Auckland's Central Business District, a trip that takes around 10-15 minutes by road over the Auckland Harbour Bridge, or 30 minutes if you choose to ride the harbour ferry from Devonport.
From the Spencer you can be on the northern or southern motorway in just 5minutes. The journey to the airport takes around 40 minutes.
During your stay with us it's easy to get to town as we have a bus stop just metres away from the hotel which has regular buses to town. You can also bus to Devonport and then catch the ferry to the city.
While staying with us in Takapuna why not enjoy...
- Hiring a stand up board, kayak, windsurfer or yacht and paddle or sail off Takapuna Beach
- Taking a boat out into the harbour, catching a fish, then cooking it on one of the public BBQs on Takapuna Beach
- Walking along the beachside between Takapuna and Milford alongside the unique fossilized forest (a result of volcanic activity many years ago), with magnificent views out over the harbour to the many islands in the Gulf. There are also some of New Zealands finest homes located along this coastline
- Visiting The Department Store – recently voted by Conde Naste UK Travellers guide as one of the 7 retail wonders of the World and also be Monocle magazine as the best new retail store in the World in 2010
- Visiting Lake Pupuke - Auckland’s only Lake and situated approximately 500m from the sea
- Buying an ice cream from the Takapuna Beach Café and walking along Takapuna Beach
- Visiting The Takapuna Strip – 500m of entertainment including bars, cafes, restaurants, the theatre and a cinema
- Other places of interest are historic Devonport – a Naval town situated across the Harbour from the CBD and Waiheke Island (beautiful beaches, vineyards and some eclectic arts and crafts)